Sunday, October 28, 2012

Beyond My Understanding


Earlier in the week a friend told me that he had connected with his soul/essence during meditation, as I had suggested he do.  He said that he received some information that was very profound, but he did not remember what it was, a feeling I am very familiar with.  It feels like the information is more than my conscious mind can handle and that the content cannot be expressed using the words and concepts that I know.
I had that feeling in the lodge tonight.  I was warned/told that something would happen to get my attention and that I should be alert and receptive (I have to admit that part of me thought “oh no!!”).  The first stone that came in landed in the pit right in front of me, split open to show its heat and redness and almost left the pit in my direction.  It scared me and definitely got my attention.  Once that happened, I spent the rest of the lodge experiencing the feeling I described in the previous paragraph.  I have complete confidence that the information I received will change my behavior and that I may understand it some day.  Good enough for me!