Friday, November 2, 2012

Beginning My Day Pre-dawn


Why get up at the insane hour of 2:00 A.M.?  The short, and somewhat glib, but true answer is because that is the time I am awakened and urged to start my prayer and meditation.  The fact is I never use an alarm and once when I was on heavy medication that should have kept me under for several more hours, I still woke up/was awakened at that time.  I am then ready to start my day and unable to get back to sleep.  When I was working full time, I only got up at 4-5:00.
A longer, and more complete answer is that the pre-dawn hours are a sacred time, for me and others.  Walsch puts it well, when he writes: “In the stillness, you will find your true being.  In the silence you will hear the breathing of your soul ---- and of God.  I have told you many times, and I tell you here again: You will find Me in the stillness.”  (Communion with God, by Neale Donald Walsch).  In short, it is when I make my best connection with life, my own soul and God.  I also find that if I start my day that way, I can carry it with me through the day.