Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Absolute and Eternal


For the last several days I have spent less time in the morning doing my deep meditation or zoning and more time just sitting and contemplating on the absolute of God/love/presence.  I do this by sitting in front of the wood stove, possibly doing some spiritual reading and simply focusing on the feeling of love and the presence of God.  I refer to this as absolute because, in fact, nothing else really exists.  There is none of the duality, like hot versus cold or black versus white, we are accustomed to, only the love.  I also have, in the background, the awareness or memory of things like hate, apathy, hurt, pain and depression, feelings that make the absolute of love feel even stronger because of the comparison.  There is also an awareness that the worldly feelings are illusory and transitory.  In part, it is a matter of focus.