Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Rising Early


At my recovery meeting tonight the speaker spoke of waking at 1:00 AM, unintentionally, and the benefits of the “quiet time” during the early morning hours.  I spoke with him after the meeting and let him know that I get out of bed between 1:30 and 2:00 AM intentionally and referred to it as “magic time”.  The fact is that the hours between 2:00 and 6:00 are my time to be with God, to pray and meditate.  For some reason, during this time each day, I can focus on and immerse myself in the feeling of love, I know to be God.  I also receive guidance and directions for working with the people and families during the coming day.
For me the procedure of waking up early and asking for guidance during the morning hours, began many years ago, when I was still working full time.  At that time, I would awaken at 5:00 AM and also take a break from my early morning routine on the weekends.  In 2005 I began partial retirement, due to my disability and age.  The time of my arising kept getting earlier after partial retirement.  The time has been at 1:30-2:00 for a couple of years now and I have stopped taking breaks on weekends, I do it every day.  I set no alarm and look forward to it.