Monday, June 24, 2013

A Matter of Choice

A “meat and potatoes” kind of a day, at least as close to that as I ever get since I am never as grounded in the physical as I used to be.  I always carry a strong feeling of “I am”, love and the eternal with me in everything I do.  I also enjoy looking out over the landscape around me and feeling it pulsing with life and strongly sensing the changing of the seasons.  Today I exercised, payed bills, read, napped, ate healthily, soaked in our hot-tub and talked with Maria.
In my reading today, I kept encountering comments by people stating that they wanted to enjoy the feelings I describe in the previous paragraph, without giving up their attachments to material things, desires and drama.  As far as I can tell, that is not possible.  I would have to admit that, in many cases, my attachments had to be wrenched away, but I enjoy the resulting freedom.