Friday, June 14, 2013

Perfection

The concept of “perfection” has been on my mind since my entry “The Perfection of Being Human”.  In the human sense, perfection means no perceived flaws and in the God/eternal sense it means harmony with the universe, balance.  As I say on my website “The human concept of perfection is based on things like fear and guilt. It is flawed and harmful much of the time. In fact, I know of no situation where it is helpful, though it sometimes drives people through fear.  The concept causes people to drive themselves toward a goal that was generally set for them by someone else. The result is anxiety and negative feelings toward oneself. This concept does not help the individual, but it certainly adds to fear.”  The perfection that I encountered in “The God Place” is based on love and does not drive us, it simply feels right and promotes the integrity of the universe.