Saturday, June 15, 2013

Progress

A few days ago, I encountered and read part of a recent edition of Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind, by Suzuki.  I was reminded that I first encountered, purchased and read an early edition of the book back in the ‘70s.  When I first read it, on the one hand I knew I wanted what was talked about in the book, and on the other hand, the book was just so much “word porridge”, I did not understand it at all.  Now I live it, and say many of the same things, in my own way.  Life is strange!
I think it important to note that through the years I have had several teachers, read a lot of books, meditated regularly and had a lot of life happen.  It has certainly not always been fun, pleasant or easy but I have always pursued truth.  My approach seems to have worked, so far.