Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Letting Go

I had a very graphic dream last night in which someone was trying to come in my window, I did not want him to, so I killed him by slicing him in half using a hand scythe!  Dreams where I end up killing something or someone, generally symbolize some sort of final change in me or a letting go.  The more graphic dreams, such as this one, indicate that the letting go was very difficult and important.  In this particular dream, the un-reality of the fact that there was no blood, makes the symbolic nature of the dream very clear.  The dream did not represent reality.
The attachment or belief that I have been processing and letting go of, is my attachment to the idea that there is something wrong with being held back from growth by some aspect of the human condition.  For example, many people choose the safety of a known job with benefits, rather than taking the plunge of following their heart toward a more fulfilling and risky future.  Having the faith and trust necessary to overcome their fear would promote their growth, and would be desirable, I thought.  I was taking a very short term stance.  In fact, experiencing that sort of conflict is a valuable part of living, whatever the outcome.