Thursday, August 22, 2013

Letting Go

The most important event of the day was a sweat lodge for a bunch (10+3 staff) of newly recovering, young addicts and alcoholics, with two being new to the lodge.  During the lodge preparation it was noticeable to me that no matter what I did (multiple pallets, vigorous fanning and wood), I could not get the stones hot, though I kept trying, just to be sure.  I began to realize that, for some reason, the coolish rocks were by design, that was the way it was supposed to be.  Because of the coolish stones, the first two rounds were relatively mellow, then people left the lodge and the stones heated up readily.  As a result, the last two rounds were fairly hot.  The whole experience was an exercise in the universe unfolding the way it should.  Understanding is not required.