Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Three Questions

There are three questions which I automatically consider when approaching any sort of action, they are:  a. would I do this in front of God (or whatever you call that power/force),  b. is my name really on it (or is it really my responsibility), and c. will this increase the integrity of the universe (or is this loving, acting out of love always increases the integrity of the universe).  If I can honestly answer “yes” to each of those questions, I go ahead with the action.  If not, I adjust my action until I can.  Today, it was the third question, about the integrity of the universe, that I needed to pay attention to, several times.  As far as I can tell, secrets, lying (even “white” lies) and gossip never increase the integrity of the universe.  Neither does so-called brutal honesty, since it is not really honest.