Sunday, November 3, 2013

Timelessness

There have been several times in my life where the events were game or rule changing, meaning times where I could no longer keep doing the things I was accustomed to.  For example, when I quit using drugs and alcohol to cope with life or became disabled and could no longer walk, unassisted.  This is one of those times, and it is important for me to recognize that.  I have been doing sweat-lodges once or twice a week for the last twenty years and that activity, including preparing for them and recovering after them, has absorbed a good part of my life.  That is changing.  There is also a definite awareness that, in reality, nothing is changing other than the physical activity.  An awareness that the spiritual significance of that activity is timeless and does not change.  The love, connection and impact on consciousness/awareness does not change.