Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Power Of Love

I spent the morning attending and participating in staff meetings at the place I work, as assistant clinical director, then the afternoon preparing meals for eating and freezing.  Both were activities that conventional wisdom predicted that I could not do.  I have had several people refer to me as an inspiration or their hero and this evening my wife said I was amazing.  The fact is that daily, weekly, monthly and yearly I am accustomed to reaching beyond my own capabilities.  I am able to do these things because of my alliance with the power/force that I call God or love.  It is useful for me to realize that I have also spent a good part of my life pursuing other, material, types of power, being self-destructive and inspiring no-one, so I know both sides, intimately.