Monday, January 13, 2014

White Crows

My tendency, what I have learned, is to pay close attention to the exceptions, since the exceptions frequently provide keys to learning.  As a scientist, I was trained to pay closest attention to the central part of the bell curve, the average or normal, an approach that I certainly understand.  However, in order to become aware of human potential, I am better off looking at the exceptions, the mystics, shamans, spiritual leaders, healers, etc.  More recently, I attended a workshop about people doing well and living with AIDS using attitudinal healing techniques, certainly not the norm, but very illustrative of the power of love and human potential. A question that I learned at that workshop is “How many white crows do you have to see before you know that all crows are not black”.  White crows are the exception to the norm, but they show human potential.  I strive to be a white crow.