Friday, December 26, 2014

Health & Healing

On my doctor’s recommendation, I checked out her website and particularly the “wellness” section, which contained numerous suggestions about maintaining a healthy life style.  Things like diet, exercise, minimizing the risk of heart problems and various types of self-examination.  I realized that I do all of the things that were recommended plus a great deal more. The great deal more that I do includes attitudinal healing, visualization and hands-on healing or healing touch; basically, things that I have found to be helpful, but that are not linear, logical, scientific or evidence based, though all are supported by anecdotal evidence.  It is my experience that a great deal of health and healing falls outside of the relatively simplistic, scientific model or paradigm.