Sunday, January 25, 2015

Living a Life of Love

Several years ago, during my morning meditation, I would immerse myself in the feeling of the extreme/absolute unconditional love of God.  Then, when I came out of the meditation, the memory of that feeling would persist and affect all of my interactions during the day.  One day, when I came out of meditation, that feeling of extreme/absolute unconditional love persisted as my reality, not just as a memory.  When I asked how I could function in the world and continue to have that feeling, I was told “you’ll get used to it”.  That feeling has continued to be my reality and, as I commented to a friend this morning “I pretty much live there”.  I do slip from that feeling on occasion, getting absorbed by some obsessive, negative thought, and now miss the feeling when it is not there.  I think of myself as living in a “bubble of love” or being in partnership with God.  That way of being has changed my life dramatically.