Thursday, July 9, 2015

Being Lost

We had our monthly men’s group tonight and I spoke of feeling lost, as expressed in the dream I described yesterday.  After I spoke people commented & it seemed apparent that the other members did not understand my feelings, which was not surprising since I did not describe them well.  I don’t really understand either, which is the nature of being lost.  Not surprisingly talking about being lost did help me clarify the feeling.  The fact is that through increasing awareness, meditation and reading I have realized that most of the things in life that I clung to actually meant little or nothing.  Things like material possessions, jobs, performance, cause and effect, ego or specific belief systems mean little or nothing while ethereal things like love and connectedness mean something.  However, the specific words used to describe those ethereal things (quantum physics, science, specific religions or belief systems) do not matter.  That does not leave me with much to hold on to - probably a good thing.