Monday, November 2, 2015

Sacred Practices

Last night I slept for four hours and followed that with another four hours of deep meditation which is similar to sleep, but much more refreshing.  As usual, I did each without any sort of alarm clock, thus making sure that I get what my body needs, and it was very refreshing.  A total of eight hours is about two hours more than normal for me, signifying a greater need.  The greatest need for me right now is that I am attempting to strengthen and broaden my spiritual connection.  As has been the case for the last several years, I am utilizing some Native American practices such as the sweat lodge, pipe and sacred herbs.  However, I am also keeping in mind that they are only symbols, like the trinity or Holy Eucharist. The challenge for me is to look beyond the symbols at the reality beyond.