Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Life Happens

Today was my 31 year anniversary of being free from alcohol and drugs so one of the feelings I had today was extreme gratitude. One of the other things that happened today was life, meaning that I encountered a number of challenges. The first challenge was early this morning trying to explain and resolve a problem over the phone, something which seldom goes well and that I find extremely frustrating because of my speech impediment. In this case I eventually asked my wife to help out and the problem was resolved - I think. Later on today I went to see my primary care physician, who makes an effort to be holistic but is still allopathic so she thinks in terms of pathology, prevention and potential harm. I think in terms of health, love and potential well being. In terms of physical health and given my disability, I am doing well, which she acknowledges. Part of my success has resulted from not accepting the allopathic approach to health.