Thursday, January 7, 2016

Silly Human

Tonight I found myself chuckling a bit at my own foolishness. What happened revolves around a person in my life where there is friction between us, which, I believe, is caused largely by his reaction to me. Today it was suggested that I do a daily "loving kindness" meditation toward him, meaning that I visualize him, send him love and support and wish him a loving, wonderful and very fulfilling life. I actually have done that but only periodically and when the mood struck me. The part that I was chuckling about is that when she suggested I do it daily, I felt immediate resistance and also a knowing that it was the right thing to do. I recognize and even have some fondness for that resistant part of myself, but I generally either don’t act on it or apologize when I do. I began my daily practice of the meditation tonight.