Friday, December 23, 2016

Forgiveness

A couple of days ago I spoke of myself as being an "old man", which I am (68). I also commented that I’m "not nearly as old as I hope to become" and, by today’s standard, I’m not that old anyway. At any rate I have been "up, down and around" a few times. I have done many silly, hurtful, very human things while trying to do my best. Given that, I am not likely to judge anyone. I have long appreciated the comment by Mother Theresa, that "People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true; Succeed anyway. If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway. What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; Be happy anyway. Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you’ve got anyway. You see, in the final analysis, It never was between you and them anyway.