Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Afflicting the Comfortable 2

I spoke yesterday of "afflicting the comfortable" or, in other words, making observations or giving advice that is out of people’s comfort zone, things they don’t want to hear. I am often in a position to make such observations or give advice, and do so only when asked. Of the three questions I describe in my book (would I do this in front of God, or whatever you call that power/force?; is my name really on it or is it really my responsibility?; will this increase the integrity of the universe, or is this loving?), the last question about increasing the integrity of the universe is usually most important. I have to make sure I am coming from a loving, selfless place rather than being angry, jealous, self-centered or self-righteous in any way. If I am feeling any negative emotions I need to wait and clear myself, usually through meditation and introspection.