Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Being At Peace

Today, like most days, I spent a couple of hours tending to the yard, today it was weeding, sometimes it is mowing or planting. Our yard has been neglected for many years, so it is in pretty poor condition. A neighbor said the past two owners had no interest in the yard, which makes it something over a decade since it was tended to. Their attention was simply elsewhere. My tendency is to look at the job as monumental and keep pushing myself to do more since there is so much to be done. I recall a lesson I learned when on crutches and learning to walk again, with a cane being my eventual goal. I realized that if I kept making slight progress daily or weekly, reaching my goal was not in question, it would just take a while. In that case it took four years. With the yard I will do what I can each day and enjoy the process.