Friday, July 28, 2017

Bubble of Love

I walk around each day from within a "bubble of love", an overwhelming feeling of unconditional love, peace and well-being that I understand is the "kingdom of God". The feeling is also a "knowing" that everything is and always will be just fine. I act accordingly. I consider this feeling to be remarkable since I am getting old, a physical mess and fully aware of what we are doing to each other and destroying this planet. The feeling/knowing is a gift that comes to me through meditation and is totally unreasonable. In the event that I get momentarily distracted from the feeling, I pause and look inside to find it again. I find reassurance from the words that Jesus spoke as reported by Luke and others "The kingdom of God is not coming with signs that can be observed, nor will they say; ‘Look here it is!’ or ‘There it is!’ for the kingdom of God is within you."