Monday, July 3, 2017

Mistake

This morning I went for my first appointment with a neurologist in MD, an appointment that I had confirmed last week. When I got there the office staff was there but the clinic was closed so the appointment was cancelled. It turns out that in addition to erroneously confirming the appointment, they had also originally scheduled it under the wrong name, so they had made two errors. Initially when I pointed out that they had "messed up" they denied it but after figuring out what they had done wrong, they explained their error to me, apologized and rescheduled. I laughed a bit, pointed out that they had admitted the mistake and apologized for it. I told the office manager that she had done well. A mistake had been made, I did not take it personally and a reasonable resolution was arrived at. It could have turned out a lot worse!