Sunday, August 27, 2017

Discernment

I lead a life based on Love and being of service, relying on the comment by Jesus that "you will know me by my fruits" rather than the dogma or guidance of any sort of religious practice. The "fruits" I look for include; "love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, trustfulness, gentleness and self-control" (Galatians 5:23). I do not participate in self-serving, self-centered or other activities that do not feel right and I have been granted the gift of discernment. I have to pay attention and listen also using the three questions that are the central focus of my book. In the words of Patricia Loring "To undertake to live a discerned life, to endeavor daily to be attuned to authentic movements of the Spirit leading us into greater fullness of life, is a strenuous undertaking." It is also well worth the effort.