Monday, September 4, 2017

Near Death Experience

I was the main focus and leader of an overwhelmingly loving, healing, wellness group today, a powerful session. We talked about death and dying, though not the way those topics are commonly talked about. We did mention the normal fears of the unknown frequently felt leading up to death. We then talked of my own "near death experience" and the extreme Love and well-being I encountered on "the other side" of my brief death experience, with the suggestion that is what death feels like. My N.D.E. happened eleven years ago and I still carry the feeling with me. As St John of the Cross said "There are encounters with God such that the devil cannot possibly counterfeit them, nor can one’s imagination create them. Some are so indelibly imprinted in the center of one’s being that they can neither be described nor forgotten."