Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Self-Examination

I have done a great deal of self-examination through journaling, attending workshops, contemplation and taking several, personal, in-depth inventories and I have learned to love and respect all of the person I found - me. I spent many years of my life trying to "hide" from my shadow side, the hurt, angry, antisocial part of myself, pretending it was not there - an exhausting and unsuccessful effort. I do not like my shadow side, but I do love and respect it. That part of me is still there, and shows its face occasionally but I choose not to act on it. "Jesus said, ‘Let the one who seeks not stop seeking until he finds. When he finds he will become troubled; when he becomes troubled, he will be astonished and will rule over all things.’" from the gospel of Thomas.