Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Choices

Yesterday I wrote about choices we make and I specifically mentioned the tendency of some people to follow the guidance of a human authority figure, meaning someone like a priest or professor. For myself, I prefer to follow my own internal guidance while listening to the comments of experts. My approach is risky and requires both discipline and effort. I use a lot of contemplation, meditation and the loving practices outlined in my book. This approach is very good for me but not for everyone. Free will and different choices are important. In the words of Irene Claremont deCastillejo; "Scientists discover and theologians affirm; but faced with the mystery of life and death we know almost nothing. We can learn from the experts, but our experience may not fit their theories and it is our experience and our experience alone that we should trust."