Sunday, December 10, 2017

Inner Silence

Today was one of those days that I was not able to achieve inner silence and the resultant clarity in meditation, my clamoring intellect kept getting in the way. I would sit down to meditate and begin to focus on my breath or the feeling of Love, only to have my brain take off into any of several meaningless topics, like a hamster on an exercise wheel. I had been happily retooling my book and making some preliminary plans to query a specific agency, when I discovered that agency only wanted previously solicited queries, so my plans were thwarted and I needed to regroup. Exactly how to regroup, what direction to take, is what I wanted to meditate about. Perhaps I can achieve inner silence and meditate now. "It [inner silence] is to establish an inner peace, an inner harmony, which will allow us authentically to contribute to the establishment of an outer peace and an outer harmony in the world at large."(Seeger)