Friday, November 16, 2018

Courage

The "Serenity Prayer" (God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference) calls for the courage to make changes in my life. I often feel like I do not have the necessary courage so during meditation I fill myself with gratitude, love and faith, then decide what action to take. When I take the action I frequently a mixture of fear and faith. So far, things have always worked out for the best. "Faith, then, means putting trust in a process that slowly builds an intimate relationship with someone I can neither see nor fully understand, but only feel. Living a life of faith implies being in continual contact with God and opening up to being searched and known." (Elizabeth Ostrander Sutton)