Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Spirits

Consciousness of the presence of spirits first happened for me back in 1994 and they have dramatically impacted my attitudes and actions since then. I serve as an example and now ask that they influence others similarly. Back in 1994 I did not believe in the presence of the spirit realm and would have dismissed any notion of it ---- so my first introduction came through a disreputable looking Native American who told me that the spirits came to him in dreams and that they wanted me to build a sweat lodge. He said they came to him rather than me because I would not listen. Four years later a Navajo family offered to build me a lodge which my wife and I conducted weekly for close to a decade. During the four years between my introduction to their presence and the construction of our lodge, I attended weekly sweat ceremonies and was visited by loving spirits that others could not see several times. I was also aware of some sort of negative entities which would leave me alone when I sent them love and asked them to leave. The difference was clear. "There are, says the saint (St. John), encounters with God such that the devil cannot possibly counterfeit them, nor can one’s imagination create them. Some are so indelibly imprinted in the center of one’s being that they can neither be described nor forgotten.