Saturday, November 16, 2019

Aggressive Nature

The other day right after one of my meetings the person I was talking to commented that it was discouraging to realize that humans are basically aggressive to which I responded “they’re not!!”.  As I explained to him, I have observed many times that the thoughts and actions of a person depend on which “seed” or tendency you feed or encourage.  If I am helping someone and I support what I call the “love seed” their behavior can switch from aggressive to loving.  “From everywhere, it seems, we are bombarded with the idea that our nature is innately violent, that our chief preoccupation is with our sexuality, and that our main purpose in life is the acquirement of ever more nifty possessions.......Indeed, it is only through the practice of inner silence that we can begin to disentangle ourselves from our culture and its illusions. (Daniel A. Seeger)