Friday, August 24, 2012

The Benifits of Connection

A great day!  I was able to stay very strongly connected while working with a family that was largely burned out by dealing with the addiction of their son, my primary client.  Through the process of deep listening, my own intuition and the guidance I received, I was able to reach the various members of the family and give them a more human and compassionate understanding of the disease.  I think it will help my client, and the rest of the family, heal.

We had a sweat lodge tonight to welcome back Maria, my wife, after her vision quest.  I was guided to pour and then, while pouring, to make it fairly hot.  The group protested, somewhat jokingly, somewhat not, that I was pouring too much and making it to hot.  I heard myself say, very forcefully, “Look, I m not going to turn my back on a power that saved my life!”.  That statement and feeling was the reason it was important for me to pour.