Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Labels & Helping Others


I am Charlie and I know some things, a statement that I am comfortable with.  For some reason, which I do not understand, I am not comfortable with referring to myself with any sort of label like elder, mystic, Bodhisattva or master.  I even have difficulty writing of them here, as if they will confine or describe me.  I am fine with others using those labels and realize that I fit the profile. I am not sure why I have been shown/told the things that I know, other than to pass them on, which I do daily.  I enjoy who I am and what I know and I wish others could see the world the way I do.  I love everything and everybody.  I am passionate about doing everything I can to pass it on.  I want to change the way people relate to the world that supports us.
I get a great deal of joy out of watching myself or others grow and change.  If I play a role for others, it is better for me if my role is not acknowledged or even realized, partly because I like praise too much and partly because “a master craftsman leaves no trace”.  It is also better for the other person if they think they came to see things differently strictly on their own.