Monday, January 28, 2013

Connection With Trees


Today, when I left my garage, on the way to my house, the juniper just outside the garage “said” hi to me.  It did this by wafting me with its scent and sending a vibrational greeting.  It has done this before, many times, but it does not do it during the winter months, when it is dormant.  Its action is a very nice reminder that spring is here.  The birds have also announced this by singing their spring songs.  The chipmunks are also very active and playful.


When I went out back tonight, the first thing I noticed was how humid it felt, unusual for Flagstaff.  There is a possibility of rain.  I then noticed a very strong feeling of the trees waiting for and anticipating the rain, a feeling that I have not noticed before.  I then brushed against the juniper I was standing next to, it liked the contact, so I did it some more.  It is wonderful to be aware, awake and connected to all things.

It was a good rain!