Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Function of Consciousness

In the early morning hours, when working with people, when performing a sweat-lodge ceremony and at various other times, I use my consciousness to join with God or love by focusing my intent.  If I do that before carrying out those activities it makes a huge difference in the strength of my intuition, ability to connect with others and the strength of my healing.  Once I make the connection with the reality of God or love, I feel the power and know that we are all connected and loved.
  I suspect that I have only scratched the surface, as to the potential there, but the results are quite phenomenal, and I do the best I can.  My focusing works well as long as I do it for service and make an effort to be totally selfless.  As expected, self-centered thoughts do intrude into my consciousness, but I dismiss them without acting on them.  Those passing self-centered thoughts seem to be part of being Charlie, for right now, but I need not act on them.
As a scientist and member of this culture, I used to limit my consciousness to my intellect.  I used to believe that consciousness was limited to the brain and that everything would eventually fall within a person’s intellectual understanding.  I had no idea that I was severely limiting my own consciousness and abilities.  Now I attempt to make the most of my potential, a difficult task.