Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Awakening

I went through years (like thirty-six!) of being “asleep”, as the Buddhists would call it.  Meaning, I was going through life as a functioning child then adult without much thought or awareness of underlying motives or attitudes.  Using things like various teachers/guides journaling, introspection and meditation, I then began to become aware of the fears, attachments and desires that were driving me and that those driving forces did not feel good.  I then, systematically, one at a time, began giving up those fears, attachments and desires and turned, instead, toward things like love and compassion, a very healing journey.  One of the aware nesses that I have developed over the years is how beautifully human  every step of this process was/is, even being “stuck” at one point or another.