Sunday, September 15, 2013

Crazy

Another long and complicated day.  I was reminded several times of how important the sweat lodge has been for me over the years, how much it has changed me and how much I have learned due to the lodge.  As I said today at one point, “I used to be a regular white boy”, meaning that my attitudes, ideas and experiences fell within the accepted norms of the dominant culture.  Now, I would be considered “crazy” and I am good with that, it is fine with me.  Most of the attitudes, ideas and experiences that fall outside of the norm (seeing and working with spirits, having visions, communicating with the weather, realizing that consciousness is not necessarily located in the brain, etc.) come from the lodge.  I often find out that many others have similar experiences, we just don’t talk about them much.