Saturday, December 7, 2013

Dark Night

Having gone through what St. John of the Cross called “The dark night of the soul”, a period of absolutely no consolation in anything coupled with extreme physical and emotional pain, I now feel/know a deep connection with God and just how wondrous this process called life is.  For me, that dark time lasted for several years with increasing glimpses of what I was seeking, and was completely necessary for me to become the person I am today.  During that time, I could only find consolation and healing through my connection with that force I call God.  As many people have commented in the past, God was always there, I just needed to make the connection.  It took what it took.  I sincerely hope that others can make that connection without going through what I did.