Sunday, December 15, 2013

Honesty

I work with many people to help them change, sometimes as a mental health therapist, sometimes a friend or mentor.  I cannot make anyone change but I can point the direction by observing the life patterns that make them uncomfortable and suggesting alternative behaviors.  I strive to use a loving, long-term or even an eternal perspective and approach, avoiding ego, attachments and desires.  Using that perspective, it is apparent that, ultimately, all events lead to knowing/sensing one-ness and living within love.  Therefore, I am not willing to assign a “good” or “bad” label to any event.  Some events like suicide, cancer, drug use, falling in love or being of service to others are definitely either pleasant or unpleasant, but not good or bad, they simply are.  In order to respect the individual paths of the individuals whose lives I touch, I try to be honest and make suggestions.