Monday, January 6, 2014

Love Versus Fear

I went to another movie today in which the major theme was the power of fear over one’s life attitudes and actions versus the power of love.  It is nice to note that the awareness of this dichotomy and choice seems to be increasing.  My awareness has certainly increased dramatically over time, as has my ability to make loving choices rather than reacting to and being trapped by fear.  I did not realize that many of my activities like driving myself towards “perfection”, acquisitiveness or self-criticism actually fed into my fears and made them worse, especially since owning more things and constantly striving were supposed to make me feel better.  Now, I much prefer the loving approach of being at peace, doing my best and enjoying life, not to mention the physical healing and well being that result.