Friday, March 21, 2014

Harmonious Balance

As I say in my website about the intellect & science, they “can [tell us how to] design computers, judge right and wrong, perform job functions, tell us to brush our teeth, perform scientific studies, provide us with an endless source of entertainment, remember the alphabet and tell us to keep our hand off of a hot stove. In short [they] can tell us how to get along in the world.”  Clearly, no small task, however they are also limited.  If we limit ourselves to intellect & science, as I have done in the past, we exclude things like love, intuition, God, connection and spirituality, a vast and very important part of reality.  Historically, it is also clear that spiritual beliefs in the absence of science can lead to all sorts of superstitions and misconceptions.  In my life, I am striving for a harmonious balance of these ways of viewing and living within reality.