Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Connection

Today I saw a video of a small bird landing on his podium while Bernie Sanders spoke and then a second video of a bald eagle being agitated by and then attacking Donald Trump. The differing responses of the birds to these two men reminded me of the fact that before recovery and shifting to a loving attitude, bees of all kinds used to leave their nests, seek me out and sting me, sometimes up to thirty times. At that time I was angry, judgmental and confused. I have not been stung once since entering recovery and shifting my attitude. In fact, twice now, I have walked into nests of hornets and wasps only to have them leave their nests and warn me by head-butting my glasses. They did not perceive me as a threat and chose not to sting me. In each case I was startled and simply backed off, quickly! To me these examples demonstrate that we are all connected, energetically, and that we can be sensitive to the intentions of others.