Monday, September 5, 2016

Being at Peace

Today was a "taking care of business" kind of day and, as often happens during this sort of day, I note how easy it is to be pulled off of the spiritual, love-based path. I paid bills, took the car in to get it worked on and answered correspondence. I had to keep reminding myself and bringing myself back to feelings of love, peace, well-being and compassion, feelings I identify with God. A comment by Saint Faustina helped me a lot; "When a soul has come out of these tribulations, it is deeply humble. Its purity of soul is great. It knows better without need of reflecting, as it were, what it ought too do at a given moment and what to forbear. It feels the lightest touch of grace and is very faithful to God. It recognizes God from afar and continuously rejoices in Him. It discovers God very quickly in other souls and in its environment in general." It’s good to cherish the gift of life.