Saturday, September 24, 2016

Being Human

This morning I attended a community acupuncture session and toward the end of the session a man who was in charge in some way gave a "speech" for several minutes. He talked primarily about the fact that we are spiritual beings having a physical experience and encouraging us to remember that fact and to act out of that higher energy state, never realizing that the very act of talking about it brought our energy down. He also promoted himself and the healing sessions he conducts. During his talk it was clear that he was quite proud of himself and the talk contained a lot of ego and spiritual materialism. I took away two important messages from the encounter. One lesson is that the world is full of that type and I just need to attend to my own affairs - that is none of my business unless asked. The other important message is that I have the same tendencies and to be careful!