Thursday, September 15, 2016

Self-care

Today I felt inadequate to the challenge at hand. I was also aware of being in the seeming (though not real!) chaos of a new environment. I commented to Maria that I just had to become "all I could be". Some of the words of Marianne Williamson, in The Gift Of Change: Spiritual Guidance for Living Your Best Life come to mind "It is time to die to who we used to be and to become instead who we are capable of being. That is the gift that awaits us now: the chance to become who we really are. And that is the miracle: the gift of change". Another of her comments ring true to me right now "If you can rise above the fear in your life and live the love within you, and if I can rise above my fear and live the love in me-----if that drama is reenacted enough times by enough of the world’s people-----then we will pierce the cosmic darkness and tip the world in the direction of light." Very simple - just not easy so I spent a good part of the day making spaghetti sauce and taking it easy.