Friday, November 4, 2016

Simplicity 2

Maria is sick with a gut virus so I, once again, went to the new house by myself. I had another simple day without chaotic, anxiety producing news reports and doing simple things like gardening. While doing simple, basic things I feel love, gratitude and connection. I keep in mind the words of Meister Eckhart; "A man should receive God in all things and train his mind to keep God ever present in his mind, in his aims and in his love. Note how you regard God: keep the same attitude that you have in church or in your cell, and carry it with you in the crowd and in unrest and inequality.....In your acts you should have an equal mind and equal faith and equal love for your God.....If you were equal-minded in this way, then no man could keep you from having God ever present.".