Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Balance

Today I overdid it, I did to much and pushed myself to do more than I really could and it is important for my humility that I acknowledge that. I’m not beating myself about it but I am "awake" (in the Buddhist sense) and aware but I am still quite capable of human frailties, particularly if I allow my ego attachments and desires to run the show. In this case I spent the afternoon making stuffed grape leaves with egg-lemon sauce, a simple thing - for most people, but not someone with coordination and speed issues such as myself. Stuffing the grape leave requires coordination and something that takes most people twenty minutes is likely to take me two hours. I need to recognize my limitations and balance them. I will now take it easy for a couple of days.