Friday, January 6, 2017

Finding Peace

It’s about 1:00 A.M. and here I sit in the silence feeling love, peace and well being. Earlier today I was in my car at a stoplight and the green arrow came on for the left turn of the car to my left. The car waited a second or two too long for the car behind so that car honked - no love, peace and well being there. This evening I was reading in the paper about the plans of the republicans to dismantle Obama’s A.C.A., then about some of Europe’s negative responses to refugees - no love, peace and well being there either. I do everything I can to bring about peace in this world but I also value and keep returning to the peace I find in the silence. "If you believe the noises of the world rather than the silences of your soul, you will be lost." (Walsch)