Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Having An Impact

As always, I have been doing a lot of reflecting on the life process and my place in it, today it’s about my role, having moved to MD from AZ. I moved here because I wanted to "change the world", a daunting task. I am very aware that I "have issues", that I am very human. During my reading about the historical Jesus, I find it very reassuring to find that he also had issues and knew he was very human. He certainly changed the world and I suspect that if I continue to seek guidance and stay humble, I can have an impact. In the words of Claremont deCastillejo "If we can resist the compulsive pressure of our logical thinking, without relinquishing our precious heritage of lucid thought; if we can hold our ground with our own hardly won ego personalities, yet bow our heads and say, 'Thy will not mine be done'; if we will but notice the reactions of our bodies; and heed the behaviour of the world towards us; if we can learn to listen to the voices within and to the whisper in the wind, with trust as well as with discrimination, we may be able to follow the road where the Rainmaker walks."